The VICKSBURG CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU
(VISIT VICKSBURG) is hiring for the position of
. Must have high school diploma or GED and a valid Mississippi driver’s license. Three to five years sales or hospitality experience is preferred.
Send resumes by February 1st to:
Visit Vicksburg Attn: Sales Manager
1619 Walnut Street
Vicksburg, MS 39180.
It is the goal of Visit Vicksburg to provide our guests with the highest level of hospitality and welcome while providing the needed information concerning local attractions, accommodations and special events.
Typical Work Activities:
- Greet and welcome guests
- Knowledge of Vicksburg and Mississippi history, attractions, government, current events, etc.
- Knowledge on the function and mission of Visit Vicksburg
- Detailed knowledge of Vicksburg’s attractions and special events
- Ability to give clear and concise driving directions
- Booking of LPG’s for group and car tours
- Keep up with LPG rotation for group tours
- Assist Sales Manager with group tour bookings and planning
- Detailed reporting on all group & car tours at the VNMP
- Provide reporting information to Sales Manager and Visitor Services Manager
- Able to learn to use/ troubleshoot information kiosk
- Assist Sales Manager with Riverboat tour bookings and reservations
- Provide information on Visitors Guide contents and maps
- Fulfill phone inquiries
- Answer phone and answer travel related questions, transfer calls and take messages
- Opening and closing of work station
- Keep brochure racks and display of printed materials orderly and fully stocked
- Request delivery of brochures and rack cards from stakeholders – local and regional
- Knowledge of frequently used park documents- Family Member Directory, etc.
- Updating documents with fees and general info about Vicksburg and the VNMP
- Communicating information to other team members assigned to the work station
- Duties as assigned by Sales Manager
Position requires standing for long periods of time and requires the ability to lift 35 pounds comfortably.
Education / Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid MS driver’s license required.
- 3 to 5 years group sales/services and/or hospitality/tourism related is preferred.
- Two (2) year clerical and telephone reception, including greeting the general public.
- Completion of a standard background check.